To the future pilot in Malaysia, I hope you are aware about the latest new about the graduate pilot experiencing job shortage.
Briefly I would like to tell that graduated pilots in Malaysia have been without a job for between one and two years. They graduated from eight flying academy in our country.
Pilot Job Statistics
While the schools produced between 300 and 400 pilots annually in the last five years, their total intake for a year can reach up to 800.
The biggest airline operator – Malaysia Airlines — only takes in about 100 pilots or so and its priority is its own trainee pilots.
The problem of surplus pilots will be further compounded when more join the group this year.
MAS recruited 100 cadets into its full scholarship cadet programme every year. For every 16 that apply, only one gets in.
Pilots had to clock in at least 4,000 hours to captain a narrow body aircraft like a Boeing 737, which could take between eight to 10 years before progressing to a widebody aircraft.
AirAsia had about 120 recruits last year.
Incoming search terms:
- airasia cadet pilot intake 2011 (239)
- mas cadet pilot (182)
- cadet pilot 2011 (154)
- airasia pilot intake 2011 (90)
- malaysia airlines cadet pilot 2011 (52)
- mas academy pilot intake 2012 (46)
- air asia cadet pilot intake 2011 (45)
- mas academy pilot intake 2011 (39)
- airasia cadet pilot 2011 (33)
- cadet pilot recruitment 2011 (32)